“The Americans are the most gullible, because they don’t like to deny coworkers’ requests.”
–Kevin Mitnick, formerly the world’s most-wanted hacker
The Weakest Link
Antivirus protection can’t keep your data safe anymore. Today, only 3% of malware attacks target a technical flaw; the other 97% target users through social engineering. Hackers collect information about a company, then send fraudulent emails to employees and trick them into clicking a fraudulent link or releasing valuable information. And here’s the worst part: It works. 91% of data breaches are the result of social engineering schemes like phishing.
Think Your Team Would Never Fall For That? Think Again.
Are you willing to bet $6 million on how cyber-savvy your team is? This is how much money the Wall Street firm SS&C Technology lost in 2016 when their employees fell for what the FBI calls a “Business Email Compromise.” Six fraudulent wire transfers were requested over email, and SS&C employees authorized every single one. They lost millions of dollars, and their reputation, in the process. Could you recover from that kind of careless mistake?
Keep Out Hackers With End-User Awareness Training
End-user awareness training educates employees about the dangers of social engineering, spam, phishing, and other tactics hackers use today. Rather than rely on once-a-year sessions, modern training programs run automatically, with simulated attacks, so employees in every industry are always on their toes. End-user awareness training teaches your team to make sure the threats facing your company are always top of mind.
With the right training, you can reduce your risk of becoming the victim by 90% and give your employees the tools they need to prevent:
- Ransomware attacks
- CEO fraud
It’s time to stop leaving your team vulnerable to modern cyberattacks.
Call 804.730.2628 or visit sklartechnology.com/contact-us to register your team for end-user security training.
Building The Human Firewall
Learn how to build an effective end user security strategy!